II ALMAGRO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
1. The present second edition of ALIFF is open to Filmmakers from the entire world and will take place in the city of Almagro, Spain from august 8-11, 2019.
2. Any filming system is permitted as well as genre: Fiction, Animation or Documentary.
3. Running time will be no longer than 30 minutes; credits included.
4. Call for entries will close on july 19th, 2019.
5. Shorts production must have been completed after January 1st, 2018.
6. It is essential Shorts which in their original language version are not in Spanish to be subtitled to that language.
7. Every Short must be subtitled to English language; including those which original version is Spanish.
8. Selection of Shorts will be in charge of the Special Committee of experts named by ALIFF and announced in our Website by the end of july, 2019.
9. Films already submitted to previous editions will not be accepted.
10. Selected Shorts can be screened in any of the sections in contest according to ALIFF’s criteria.
11. Participating Shorts must not have been screened at any exhibition, festival inside the province of Ciudad Real. However, in order to stimulate and support the production and circulation of regional audiovisual works, the Festival will organize a special section in which it will accept the nomination of short films produced in Castilla-La Mancha, regardless of whether they have been screened or not at other festivals or samples from this region of Spain.
12. For promoting Shorts and Festival, the Organizing Committee will use for no more than 1minute movie clips from selected Shorts.
13. Short films can only be submitted on line, through the platforms or . Registration fee for the festival will be €8 for Spanish short films and €12 for foreign short films.
14. All Short screenings will be in digital format regardless their filming system.
15. The Organizing Committee will put in contact with all selected films in order to request the sending of projection file.
16. Formats accepted for screening purposes are, in this same order: DCP (highly preferred), MOV ProRes422HQ (preferred) or H.264; HD (1920x1080) or 2K (1998x1080/ 2048x858).
17. The Official Jury will consist of Cinema professionals and in charge of giving the awards. Their resolution is conclusive.
18. Shorts admitted to competition will opt for the Award whithin its category (Best Fiction, Best Animation, Best Documentary) both in the National section and in the International section. In addition, all the categories in competition will be eligible for the public prize and the jury's special prize. The Festival may also award the Best Regional Short Film Prize, to be chosen among the works produced in Castilla-La Mancha to be included in a Special Section that the Festival may conform according to the proposals received. Prizes will be known in the awards Ceremony. Prizes will be known in the awards Ceremony.
19. It is implicit the authorization of the authors or the owners of these rights for the projection by the festival of the selected works during the festival, without there being contractual obligations by the organization of the ALIFF to the author, material or intellectual of the work, nor of any other representing society of any kind.
20. Participation in the Festival implies total acceptance of these rules.